Global positioning system or GPS, as it is commonly known, was originally used for military purposes. It is now available for civil purposes and today this technology has become a part of daily life. GPS Car Tracking is regarded as a useful tool to navigate in unfamiliar places and to locate places without any trouble. Besides private car owners, owners of an entire fleet of cars and other vehicles use GPS tracking as a strategy to improve business by saving on costs.
The common problems that the fleet owners face are:
#Sometimes employees who go to work in distant places may take advantage of the car at the expense of the company.
#Drivers may not drive the vehicle properly which can be dangerous for the driver and the car as well.
#Wastage of fuel consumption can be a serious threat to the business because of the ever growing rise in the price of fuel.
#Clients and customers demand the information about their order status.
In all these cases, GPS Car Tracking can help a business owner in increasing profitability by allowing to manage business assets and resources properly. Not only that, it gives access to the necessary information that can reduce costs, and boost and revive the service with a control over the vehicle.
The vehicle tracking method helps to track the company vehicles and lets the business owner receive regular updates on their location, speed and the route on which these are travelling. You as a business person can track your employees and use the particulars to plan and co-ordinate with them, which can enhance your ability to serve your customers. The main direct benefits of the GPS Car Tracking are:
1. The detailed information guides you to manage your staff, which reduces downtime and overtime, and improves the skills of your driver.
2. It increases the workability by providing traffic updates and diversion of routes to the drivers so that they can reach their destination faster.
3. It prevents theft as you are always updated about your vehicle. Even if a theft occurs, you are liable to recover the lost items very quickly.
Some other benefits of GPS system are:
1. It has the ability of reducing costs of fuel, transport maintenance, telecommunication, premium for insurance as well.
2. It provides a safe driving environment.
3. It can boost customer service and bring about customer satisfaction.
4. It helps you to manage car servicing and licensing.
5. It enhances vehicle security and operational efficiency.
6. It assures that you are working in compliance with government rules and regulations.
7. It lowers down carbon footprints.
Types of GPS tracking:
Once you know about the qualities of vehicle tracking systems, it is important to assess which type of gps tracking will suit your requirements. Fundamentally, you can find three kinds of gps track systems. Each of them has their distinct features with pros and cons. Generally a tracking system is attached to a software which should be installed in the headquarters so that the business owner can have access to the detailed information of all the vehicles in his fleet, including their location and distance travelled. The three types of structures are labelled cellular, wireless passive and satellite real-time or active car tracking device. Read more at Future Fleet
• Cellular tracking has the lowest initial installation cost than the others. It utilises cellular transmissions to give details about your vehicle. This doesn’t provide with the exact information, and details are updated after every few minutes.
• Active car tracking devices report the current location after every few minutes, and you can instantly know the particulars of your vehicle.
• Passive tracking system stores all the necessary information to be downloaded later. They can work on cellular or satellite systems or a combination of both systems.
With the advancing technical developments, GPS tracking industry has also succeeded to coalesce the advantages of all these systems, and so it has become widespread for business purposes.